Sprytile is 4! Please Give To Relief
I wish I had more to celebrate the fourth anniversary of Sprytile with, but this year has been a lot. I'll always be grateful to see people creating art with Sprytile, thank you so much for sticking with me through the sporadic updates.
I'm aware that there are quite a few bugs in the current release, especially with Blender 2.92. Please bear with me while I find the time to fix these bugs. Work has been busy and it's been hard to find the energy while dealing with all of this shit happening around us. Thanks so much for your understanding.
On the professional front, I've been working in Bunnyhug Games and we've just announced our first game, Moonglow Bay! Moonglow Bay is a slice of life fishing RPG where you'll face the mysteries of the open waters while dealing with loss and a village that has seen better days. The team has been having a great time bringing this world to life and we're excited for you to play it!
Please wishlist it on Steam!
Birthday Wish: Charity Giving
The release of Sprytile coincides with my birthday. For this birthday I've put together a list of groups that are providing relief to people in the Philippines and Brazil during the pandemic.
If Sprytile has helped you in some way, I would really appreciate your support of these groups through donations to help with their much needed work. I'm making personal donations to these organizations and will also use the Sprytile proceeds from March and April to give to relief efforts.
I'm from the Philippines and we're facing a rising wave of infections that has our healthcare system on the brink. Because of the Duterte government's terrible handling of the pandemic, we're now in a second hard lockdown, leaving many Filipinos without income. Many of these organizations are focused on helping the marginalized groups that the government is failing.
For international donors, these groups are able to take donations through PayPal:
- Project Pagsibol - Focusing on helping farmers who have been left behind by the Duterte government policy of importation
- Project Pearls - Hunger relief for children from poor communities
- Pagasa - A group that is feeding various communities, while calling for accountability of the government's failure
- Global Giving - a list of fundraising campaigns in the Philippines related to COVID response that have been vetted
I'll also be using donations to Sprytile for these groups that can't take international donations:
- Save San Roque - focuses on the needs of the urban poor
- Bread of Salt Initiative - buying bread for the needy through local bakeries, helping two groups at once
- Para Po: Para sa mga Tsuper - for helping out public transport drivers whose livelihoods have been severely impacted by the lockdowns
The situation in Brazil has been bleak with the Bolsonaro government not acknowledging the reality of the pandemic. Meanwhile, the global response to the humanitarian crisis in Brazil has been tepid. The people of Brazil need help, I'm asking you to please consider supporting relief efforts through donations. This list was kindly compiled by Lu Nascimento who is from Brazil.
- Mães da Favela - raising money for baskets of food for people in the favelas
- Água no Feijão - donate hot meals to people in need, select how many meals you want to donate, then click "doar" which lets you use paypal to donate
- Amazon Watch - a group focusing on the indigenous people of Brazil who are being targeted by the Bolsonaro government, on top of the threat of the pandemic
- PFF para Todos - an effort to give personal protective equipment to people in Brazil (donate through PayPal)
- Brazil Foundation
- Global Giving - a list of fundraising campaigns in Brazil related to COVID response that have been vetted
Thank you for taking the time to consider donating to these relief efforts.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.